2018 Thompson Therapy Summer Camps
Now open for enrollment!! New ADULT horsemanship Camp!!
Horse camps at Thompson Therapy just do not get any more awesome!! We guarantee that your kid will go absolutely bonkers over their week at camp! Jam packed into a week at camp is everything from:
- Painting horses
- Riding lessons (bareback & western)
- Kayaking & swimming
- Nature walks
- Lessons in horse handling and horse care
- Anatomy of horses
- Understanding herd mentality
- Teamwork games
All camps run from 9am-1pm. . A week at camp is $350 per student. 10% discount for siblings and boarders. Ages 8-15 accepted. You’re non-refundable $100 deposit (made at the bottom of this page) reserves your space. These camps are small and private and fill up quick so don’t wait to sign up!! After making your deposit you will receive an email to confirm camp dates and details.
Kids Camp dates
- June 4th-8th
- June 11th-15th
- July 9th-13th
Look below for you Horse Camp checklist!
Adult Horsemanship Camp
At our adult horsemanship camp we will get to do all the fun things the kiddos do but with more attention span;) With the focus on horsemanship skills, basic riding skills, natural horse-care, the horse-human relationship, and so much more. . . you are in for a unique experience that you won’t find anywhere else in town!
Each camper will be assigned with their equine partner on the first day of camp and will work with that same horse throughout our time. We will process and integrate the lessons our horses teach us on a deeper, more therapeutic level that is intended to expand self-awareness.
Reconnect with your inner child and allow yourself some “ME TIME” this summer!!
- Trail riding.
- Catching, leading, grooming, & tacking up your horse.
- Basic riding skills.
- Groundwork and training.
- Understanding the horse-human relationship.
- Integrating lessons from your horse into your inter-personal life.
- Kayaking and swimming.
- Horse painting.
- Equine anatomy.
Camp is $400/person with your $100 non-refundable deposit (made at the bottom of this page) to reserve your space. This camp will be small and private so don’t wait to sign up! After making your deposit you will receive an email to confirm camp dates and details. check the list below to make sure you are prepared and comfortable at camp.
Adult Camp Dates
- June 29th- July 2nd
To be prepared:
- Please drop off & pick up your camper on time. Take a look at the directions to the pasture here.
- Pack lunch and plenty of water!
- Campers should wear a swim suit under their clothes (shorts & t-shirts are appropriate.) Hats are also a good idea.
- Sunscreen, bug spray, & a towel!
- A list of known allergies.
- You will be asked to sign a liability waiver on the first day of camp.